Conveyer belts are essential in the material handling sector to move items quickly and efficiently to reduce labour-intensive practices. Industrial conveyer belts are made with quality conveyer components and operate with sophisticated technology that allows companies to handle large volumes of materials.
Depending on the industry, there are several industrial conveyer belt options available that provide the right application for certain material.
Tip: A suitable conveyer belt is able to meet the needs of a company’s production level while taking into consideration specific factors such product material, environmental conditions, and any decline/incline requirements.
The most widely used conveyer belts include:
- Solid, General-Use Belts that are typically made of rubber, nylon, polyester, nitrile, or neoprene and are used in a wide variety of industries.
- Flat Belt Conveyors use several powered pulleys to continuously move material and are the most commonly used in all types of industries.
- Woven Metal Belts are made of interlinked chains to allow air flow. They are most commonly used in manufacturing sectors such as food, glass, and electronics that require a cooling, drying, and heating process.
- Plastic Interlocking Belts are found daily in the food packaging industry and the automotive sector.
- Filter Belts are suitable for sectors that require the draining of excess liquids like the water treatment industry.
- Hinged Belts are sturdy metal belts that are recommended for industries that handle small materials daily.
- Curved Belt Conveyors allow material to be carried around corners and can optimize small areas.
- Modular Belt Conveyors are made of individual and interlocking plastic belting that can be customized based on a company’s requirement.
- Cleated Belt Conveyors are vertical cleats found alongside the belt’s width.
- Incline or Decline Belt Conveyors allow material to move at an angle, such as one that you would typically see at an airport’s baggage handle.
The importance of conveyer belts in the manufacturing industries as well as sectors that handle packaging and supply are highlighted with improved quality control, reduction of manual labour, and the organization of high level production.
With many options and solutions to evaluate, it’s best to consult with a professional conveyer belt manufacturer. A quality conveyer components company will:
- Deliver innovative products that are suitable for your sector
- Offer expert advice and recommendations to optimize production and space
- Understand the importance of your conveyer system and provide quick turn-around times
If you are looking for a partner to handle all of your conveyer needs and solutions, consider the leading manufacturer of conveyer components, Luff Industries for your next project.
Call Luff Industries today for industry-leading warranty and fast service.