Luff Industries is a member of the Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA), a leading association for the industrial power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) distribution channel. As a member, this gives Luff access to organizational resources, industry opportunities, and a network of of power transmission/motion control companies across North America.
But what does this mean for our customers? Keep reading to learn more about th PTDA membership and the benefits that we can pass onto the industries and clients we serve.
About the PTDA membership
The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) is the leading association for the industrial power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) distribution channel, which includes a broad range of mechanical, electrical, and fluid-driven equipment such as:
- Linear motion
To be a PTDA member, companies must distribute or manufacture power transmission/motion control components. PTDA’s roster comprises of distribution firms and suppliers that generate more than $20 billion in sales and spans over 2,700 locations.
The PTDA’s mission is to help members connect, collaborate, and grow. The association offers various resources for its members, including education programs on industry trends as well access into an extensive network of experts from across North America.
PTDA member benefits
As a PTDA member, Luff is able to compete more effectively in an ever-changing marketplace with business tools, quality programs, and a supportive network. Some of the benefits of having a PTDA membership includes:
- Access to an array of resources at no additional charge.
- Networking tools and opportunities, such as Industry Summits, Canadian Conferences, and Regional Networking Events.
- Management resources, including sales guides, distribution and manufacturing software guides, product training, tech tips, human resource guides, and more.
What being a PTDA member means for our customers
With access to a large network of companies and quality resources, we’re able to:
- Efficiently and effectively solve problems for our clients – At Luff, we work hard to find the solution that you’re looking for. But, we also humble ourselves in that if we’re not able to solve a problem, we have access to other top companies that we can connect you with. In turn, we’re able to support other PTDA members and vice versa, creating a supportive community with the mission to serve all industries across North America.
- Offer unmatched customer service – Resources such as sales guides, product training, software guides, and tech tips help our team recognize where we can improve and implement effective changes. With membership network opportunities and summits, we learn what works and what doesn’t work for other companies and what top successful businesses do in our industry to serve their clients better.
- Produce high-quality products – Being up to date with the latest industry trends and knowledge allows us to think innovatively and continue to produce high-quality products. This is one of the most important benefits to our customers, as our innovative products reduce their operaterional costs, improve productivity, and minimize downtime.
- Maintain a healthy work environment – Simply put, we are not able to provide excellent customer service or succeed in our role if we don’t have a conducive team or the right work environment. Having a strong team requires good communication, collaboration, and knowledge about our industry, which translates to our clients. PTDA management tools include human resources guides that empower both managers and employees to maintain a culture of teamwork and open communication.
- Remain competitive – One of PTDA’s mission is to empower members to remain competitive in a changing market environment. As a PTDA member, we operate with integrity within a network of other top companies in the PT/MC distribution channel. Our clients can expect competitive pricing, innovative solutions, and quality products.
Choosing Luff Industries as your conveyor component experts
Luff works with distributors across North America. We look forward to providing quality components and innovative solutions for your conveyor system.